The Robin A. Martin
2020-2021 Five Hundred Dollar ($500.00)
Research Award and Scholarship
A. Eligibility - Student enrolled in High School as of October, 2020
B. Application - Are due on or before Monday, December 14, 2020; Responses should be answered in 12-point print; applications must include:
- the student’s Name, Address, City, State and Zip Code, (email optional)
- Parent or Guardian Contact information
- High School, High School Telephone Number and
Name of the current principal.
Completed applications must be returned by mail to:
C.A.E.P. (2020-2021 Research Award and Scholarship)
P.O. Box 71,
Lynn, MA 01905
C. Research - High School Student in required to complete research questions on five (5) institutions of higher education (College, University, Technical or Trade) Name of the Institution (Administration Office and Current President or Director)
- What are the types of applications offered by the institutions and what are the deadlines?
- What specific high school courses are required by the institutions a student takes?
- Do the institutions require standardized tests? (If so, what test are required)?
- What is the required Grade Point Average (G.P.A)?
- What is the amount of tuition (in-state and out of state tuition)?
- Do the institutions offer a merit scholarship and what are the qualifications?
- What high school courses receive credit from the institutions?
- What is a first choice major and how may the first choice major be changed?
- Do the institutions require final transcripts (why or why not)?
- Are students allowed to defer admission to the institution to a future term?
(If so, what are the requirements)
D. Scholarship - (Five hundred (500) word or less Essay)
After the research has been completed on Five Institutions:
Select two of the five institutions and debate, argue the pros and cons of attending each institution and how attending one institution would best benefit the student and the student’s family.
E. The Research and Scholarship will be evaluated together and the winner of the Robin A. Martin Five Hundred Dollar ($500.00) Research Award and Scholarship will be announced on Monday, January 18, 2021.